Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Smart Raspberry’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website or the student enrolled onto any of our courses.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Smart Raspberry’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Booking and Fees
- Payment for all courses must be paid in full for your place to be secured unless otherwise stated.
- Smart Raspberry offers an online booking service, once the booking form has been completed and submitted, payment in full received and the booking validated by Smart Raspberry you will be sent confirmation of your booking via the email address you have provided. Bookings are subject to these Terms and Conditions together with our website terms and conditions which are hereby incorporated.
- Receiving email acknowledgement of payment is confirmation of your request to book a child on a Smart Raspberry Course.
- For safety reasons we can only guarantee a place on any course to those booking in advance. Those that arrive on the day will not be guaranteed a place.
- All bookings are subject to the right to cancel in writing (by e-mail to us) within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date that you receive e-mail acknowledgement of the booking pursuant to the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. Outside of this fourteen (14) day period all bookings confirmed by us are final and non-refundable.
- Medical information – Any medical conditions that any participant may have must be fully disclosed (1) at the time of booking in writing to Smart Raspberry and (2) to the cookery teacher at the Activity or at the venue.
- You must comply with all rules and regulations issued by Smart Raspberry from time to time
- If Smart Raspberry considers that you or the person you have booked onto a course have behaved in an unacceptable manner, Smart Raspberry will be entitled to require you to cease to attend any course. If we are unable to reallocate your place, no refund of fees will be made.
- We make every effort to ensure the cooking workshops are as safe and
enjoyable as possible, however, please be aware that cooking may on occasion involve the use of potentially dangerous kitchen utensils and equipment including but not limited to knives, graters, peelers, hobs, ovens, food processors.
- Smart Raspberry has a rigorous set of safety procedures including appropriate insurance in place to minimise the risks of any potential hazard but cannot be held responsible for any injury or damage that might occur during a Smart Raspberry activity.
- You must not bring any items of special value to our courses. Smart Raspberry will not accept responsibility for the loss of any personal possessions.
- We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you which is indirect, special or consequential.
- We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you resulting from any event which is beyond our reasonable control.
- Smart Raspberry may from time to time take photographs/film of any Smart Raspberry Course, the use of this data is solely for the purpose of promoting and publicising Smart Raspberry Activities through literature, website, social media, press and TV.
- Parents/guardians that do not wish for their child to be photographed/filmed must make Smart Raspberry aware of this at the time of booking or in writing before the course starts (where possible Smart Raspberry will inform parents/guardians at the start of a class).
- From time to time Smart Raspberry offers promotions. In the event that you have been issued with a promotional code this code must be redeemed and used in accordance with both the terms and conditions of that promotion and these Terms and Conditions.
- From time to time Smart Raspberry may offer a Sibling Discount to bookings by family members when booking more than one child with the same surname online for any activity. Both children must be booked at the same time and on the same form for the discount to apply. The discount is applied to the sibling(s) not the first child.
Health & Safety
- A full risk assessment will be carried out before any activity takes place at a new venue. Smart Raspberry hold a current emergency aid certificate issued by an appropriate body.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are providing consent for Smart Raspberry staff to administer any and all necessary first aid to your child as required at any time.
- For safety reasons it is compulsory for all attendees to tie long hair back and wear an apron.
- It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to ensure appropriate clothing is worn.
- Smart Raspberry Cookery School has Public Liability insurance with cover provided by Simply Business.
- Smart Raspberry will be entitled to change the timing and/or content of any course and to substitute any teacher at any time.
- In the event that Smart Raspberry has to cancel a class or course for any reason, a credit note for the full value of the booking fee paid will be issued to the person who booked or alternative provisions to stage the class or course at another time will be arranged and confirmed to all. If you are unable to attend at the alternatively arranged time and confirm this to Smart Raspberry you will be issued with a credit note to the full value of the booking fee paid.
- Any child that is collected must be collected by a parent or guardian. Any other arrangements must be provided in writing.
- Any child that normally walks home unaccompanied will only be allowed to leave unaccompanied if a parent or guardian has provided written consent prior to the commencement of the Activity.
- All parents will be given a 15 minute grace period on late collection of their child. If your child has still not been collected 15 minutes after the activity has ended then a £10 fee will be charged. An additional £10 fee will be added every subsequent 15 minutes.
- Unreasonable and / or persistent lateness may regrettably result in Smart Raspberry Cookery School terminating the course.
Policies & Procedures
- Copies of Smart Raspberry policies and procedures are available upon request from email@example.com
- In the unlikely event that you or your child are dissatisfied with the service we provide then please in the first instance raise it with the teacher at the Activity. He/she will deal will the problem in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- If the problem is not resolved to your satisfaction then please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of child’s attendance.
- We take your views and complaints very seriously and will endeavour to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. Refunds will only be issued if Smart Raspberry is proven to be in breach of these Terms &Conditions.
- The information on this site is updated regularly. However, we hereby exclude any warranties (whether expressed or implied) as to the quality, accuracy, efficacy, completeness, performance, and fitness for a particular purpose of the site.
- These Terms and Conditions form the entire agreement between you and Smart Raspberry.
- By booking an Activity with Smart Raspberry you are acknowledging your full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and confirm that you have not relied on any other representation other than those contained within these Terms and Conditions.
- If any term within these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable by a competent Court then such term shall be struck out but the remaining terms within these Terms and Conditions shall continue in force to the full extent permitted by law.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.