When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information from you when you register to become a Smart Raspberry Cookery School customer and when you enter any promotions or competitions through our online social media or hardcopy. You may also be asked whether you would like to participate in surveys to help us improve our service. Whether you participate in these surveys or not will be up to you.
What may your personal information be used for?
If you are a Smart Raspberry Cookery School customer, we may use the personal information to:
- Collect payment from you;
- Verify that you are a Smart Raspberry customer if you call us (for reasons of security, you will be asked for some of the details you provided during the registration process);
- Tell you about any service related changes affecting your use of this website and any new features and functionality (e.g. the introduction of a new e-mail service or chat service); and
- Contact you to ask whether you would like to attend a research group to help us improve our service.
If you are a Smart Raspberry Cookery School customer or you provide us with personal information in the context of a promotion or competition, we may use your personal information to:
- Assess and develop Smart Raspberry Cookery School products and services;
- Tell you about other Smart Raspberry Cookery School products and special offers, provided that you choose to receive this information.
If you are a Smart Raspberry Cookery School customer, you may at any time change your mind about receiving information from us. If you initially chose to receive such information, and subsequently decide that you no longer wish to receive information about either our products and services or those of other companies, you can notify us online by clicking on Contact Us, then send us a message.
A “cookie” is a piece of information, like a tag, which some websites create on your PC. Our cookies allocate each user of this website with a random number.
This procedure does not entail the collection of any personal information. Our cookies will not be used to analyse your visits to other websites or track any internet searches you may undertake whilst on this website
What if I don’t want to accept cookies?
Your browser lets you choose whether to accept, not to accept or to be warned before accepting cookies. These settings can be found in the advanced preferences:
- In Internet Explorer select : Tools menu / Internet options / Security / Custom Level
Updating and amending your personal information
As a Smart Raspberry Cookery School customer, you have control over the accuracy of your personal information. If, at any time, you wish to verify, update or amend the personal information you have provided, you can do so by logging onto your account or by clicking on “Contact Us”, then send us a message.
Third party sites
We have implemented security measures to ensure that your personal information is protected. Any passwords are stored in an encrypted format. Information you provide to us on registration (including credit card details) is protected using encryption whenever it is transmitted over the internet. In addition, we use a firewall to prevent third parties from accessing your personal information and other physical measures to prevent Smart Raspberry Cookery School customers from accessing the personal information of other Smart Raspberry Cookery School customers.
We recognise the importance of privacy to our customers and visitors and intend to remain at the forefront of industry developments in this area. We will keep this policy under review and any changes made from time to time will be posted on this website.